I gathered a group of musicians together to play a couple of songs for the opener of LoveMerced, a multi-annual day that many area churches and organizations take to beautify the city we live in. It began with a rally in one of our public parks where I and my team led worship. It is the fall and a notoriously busy time at the church and I probably shouldn’t have taken on the commitment, yet I did.
Of course, despite my own short-comings and misgivings (like the fact that we hadn’t practiced any of the songs), we gave glory to God and the 200 or so folks who were there seemed to appreciate the effort. Ha!
So, here are my top 10 ways to have the Holy Spirit work it, even when you haven’t…
1. Commit to a responsibility that you can’t possibly adequately prepare for.
2. Show up.
3. Pray- even though you aren’t prepared…
4.Be humble, and sincere.
5. Work your way through it.
6. Give all the glory to God… (if there is any to be had).
7. Thank everyone profusely who took the journey with you.
8. Apologize when necessary.
9. Thank God that it went as well as it did.
10. Thank God that it is over.