PRODUCTION PASTOR, YOSEMITE CHURCH (1500 -ATTENDANCE); MERCED CALIFORNIA- 2008-PRESENT
Oversight worship, media, graphics, video, lighting, communications, service flow & experience architecture. Member of the church oversight management team.
- Worked with volunteer worship leaders to create top 40 set of songs for the purpose of familiarity for congregation- updated quarterly.
- Co-led and filled in as worship leader as vocalist and guitarist.
- Oversight of four worship team leaders.
- Helped encourage worship leaders to seek a spirit-led, worshipful experience personally while onstage leading.
- General Production & Management
- Oversight and management of multiple teams with varied responsibilities.
- Analyzed HR and recommended changes resulting in increased productivity, efficiency, volunteer user friendliness and overall volunteer retention.
- Oversight of weekend programming.
- Led production team small groups, open to all production and service volunteers, for the purpose of developing discipleship and increasing spiritual growth.
- Prepared and maintained annual production-related budgets.
- Prepared and presented requests for reallocation of funding to improve production presence.
- Analyzed staffing and budgetary challenges and made recommendations to the church council.
- Assessed production control room physical space and repurposed for more efficient use by adding storage, adding workstations, cleaning up hardware and wiring systems, etc.
- Prepared and maintained annual production-related budgets and stayed under budget!
- Wrote all system procedures for all technical areas.
- Upgraded, organized and eliminated excess wiring and equipment.
- Replaced aging projection units with more economic high-quality options.
- Trained non-production ministry volunteers to use on-campus equipment for small groups, Bible studies, events, etc.
- Trained & nurtured team of producers for oversight and production of weekend services.
- Filled in to speak for senior pastor when absent.
- Upgraded hardware and software systems to include a more user-friendly interface for time-pressed volunteers.
- Recruited & trained volunteer team to work with the teaching pastor to create sermon presentations, worship slides and pre-service presentations & graphics.
- Upgraded video system hardware.
- Created master upgrade plan for moving from standard definition video output to high definition.
- Maintained live broadcast, live video capture systems.
- Used live video capture system to create video content for the web and social media platforms, which included weekly services, weekly video announcements and special video projects.
- Recruited and equipped volunteer team of live broadcast video switchers, post-production editors, camera operators & audio-for-video sound engineers for weekly recordings.
- Trained volunteers on the use of Video Toaster and Final Cut Pro video & audio editing systems.
- Worked with senior pastor to determine themed stage props and sermon illustrations.
- Recruited and led team of artists to create staging elements in lobbies and on-stage, throughout common areas and in the community through designed posters, mailers, postcards, info cards, etc.
- Proposed, presented, approved, installed & managed lighting upgrade.
- Researched, developed and implemented plan for lighting upgrade.
- Searched out and acquired economical solutions to replace aging equipment.
- Organized and trained team of volunteer technicians to operate equipment according to service needs.
- Oversight of all stage and auditorium lighting for service elements, special events, classes & meetings.
- Developed website concept- created & organized content and oversaw implementation and introduction of the site for the church-at-large.
- Created, implemented and managed in-house communication protocols to improve efficiency of ministry, event and promotional advertisements.
- Developed, from the ground up, an engaging & fresh weekly video announcement for all services.
- Created quarterly magazine-style small group guide & ministry information publication with added articles and special interest pieces.
- Created weekly pre and post-loop service announcement presentations for viewing in all common areas of the church.
- Developed countless printed materials such as business cards, tri-fold ministry brochures, weekend service programs & more for the purpose of ministry marketing.
- Service flow and experience architecture
- Recruited, trained and managed a team of volunteer weekend service producers to direct the operation of each of four weekend services, including one current-style, one contemporary-style, one classic-style and one Latino service.
- Produced distraction-free worship services.
- Worked with facilities director and team to implement improved traffic flow in main lobby area, improved audio, signage and common-area lighting.
- Church oversight & management team
- Helped develop comprehensive and cohesive system for in-house communication.
- Developed visual representation of spiritual growth continuum for church-wide printings and Bible-study use.
- Helped to create “The Journey”, a spiritual-growth based Bible-study program for all church members.
- Redesigned and helped repurpose YC’s “Discipleship Devotional”.
- Helped develop concept and strategy for multi-site ministry opportunities.
- Rewrote and designed the church’s “Common Purpose” materials.
- developed production funeral team to provide multimedia support for funeral services.
CHURCH DEVELOPMENT LEADER (VOLUNTEER), ELEVATE CHURCH (200 TOTAL ATTENDANCE); HILO HAWAII- 2004-2007
Provided leadership in the development of a new church plant as well as operational planning.
- Assisted in directing the start-up development and strategic planning for the foundation of the church plant.
- Managed and directed a creative team in implementing development timeline.
- Ministered to the un-churched, youth and college students.
- Organized and executed community events.
- Led small group.
DIRECTOR OF PRODUCTION MEDIA (VOLUNTEER), SANDALS CHURCH (3000 -ATTENDANCE); RIVERSIDE CALIFORNIA- 2001-2004
Oversaw and managed creative design team and served as small group leader.
- Led and managed all creative design for emerging church in a major metropolitan city.
- Managed a team of media technicians in the implementation of multi-media presentations.
- Led multiple small groups.
- Participated in intense leader training seminars and annual accountability boot camp.
MINISTER TO HIGH SCHOOL, PALM BAPTIST CHURCH (250 -ATTENDANCE- SBC), RIVERSIDE CALIFORNIA- 1995-1997
Led youth small group and assisted youth pastor with events.
- Assisted worship team during Sunday services.
MINISTER TO JR. HIGH, FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH ROSEDALE (100 -ATTENDANCE- SBC), BAKERSFIELD CALIFORNIA- 1993-1995
Participated in and helped lead youth group.
LANGUAGE ARTS/GRAPHIC DESIGN/FILM TEACHER, CHRISTIAN LIBERTY ACADEMY; KEA’AU HAWAII- 2005-2007
Led 9th and 10th grade high school students in multiple educational course studies.
- Instructed over 200 students in multiple subject areas.
- Taught three subjects to over 200 students, which included implementing management skills to inspire and educate teenagers.
- Adapted two short stories into short films with student assistance and input.
- Created and led student leaders in developing multimedia teams in art, design, drama, film/video, etc.
LANGUAGE ARTS/GRAPHIC DESIGN/FILM/JOURNALISM TEACHER, HAILI CHRISTIAN ACADEMY; HILO HAWAII- 2004-2005
Taught 9th through 12th grades in multiple subject areas.
- Instructed all high school grades in English literature and language arts.
- Led extra-curricular activities, sports programs, newspaper, art classes, etc.
LANGUAGE ARTS/COMMUNICATION ARTS TEACHER, RIVERSIDE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL; RIVERSIDE CALIFORNIA- 2000-2001
English Chair/ Educator
- Instructed 6 English language subjects independently.
- Managed over 300 students in four separate grade levels.
- Lead classes in communication arts, which included drama, art & design.
PROJECT MANAGER, ON TARGET MARKETING; MERCED CALIFORNIA- 2007-2008
Providing management of advertising and marketing projects.
- Managed multiple advertising projects at one time from meeting with clients to determine their needs to implementing the finished project into appropriate media channels (i.e. newspaper, television, radio, etc.).
- New business development within the community and county of Merced.
- Learned advertising software called Clients and Profits to help streamline internal production.
MARKETING & STRATEGIC PLANNING PARTNER, DEFINED BOARD COMPANY; KEA’AU HAWAII- 2005-2007
Provided executive leadership in marketing and operational planning for start-up long-board skateboard/sporting good manufacturing company.
- Directed start-up business development and strategic marketing in multiple distribution channels that included local, national, and web applications.
- Managed and directed creative team in new product development and advertising campaigns that included short film spots for targeted demographics.
- Advanced brand awareness and image perception in multiple regional markets.
- Organized and executed public relations events.
- Established marketing and sales objectives, and prepared company sales forecasts. Reported to CEO.
CREATIVE MANAGER, SHUBOX DMG/OUTSIDE THE BOX; RIVERSIDE CALIFORNIA- 2004-2007
Oversaw all creative design and developed strategic marketing plan for the future of the company.
- Led and managed all creative design for emerging marketing firm specializing in logo works, commercial branding, and print design.
- Doubled client base in less than one year and secured multiple contracts through networked associations.
- Restructured strategic business-to-business marketing plans for the firm.
COPY/EDITORIAL WRITER, GRAPHIC DESIGNER (FREELANCE), CONSTRUCTION MARKETING SERVICES; RIVERSIDE CALIFORNIA- 2002-2004
Wrote editorial content for monthly trade magazines and assisted in creative representation of the publication and all advertisements.
- Handled a majority of copy and editorial writing for three national trade magazines.
- Provided graphic consultation and design for advertising and marketing materials.
COPY EDITOR, ADVERTISING REPRESENTATIVE, METROPOLITAN NEWS COMPANY; LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA- 2000-2002
- Wrote and organized content for two weekly regional newspapers.
- Managed regional advertising sales for both papers.
- Increased paper subscription and distribution by 30% through sales contacts.
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT, LOS ANGELES FILM STUDIES CENTER; BURBANK CALIFORNIA- 1999
- One of 25 students chosen from hundreds of qualified applicants.
- Planned, directed, and edited multiple productions on a weekly and monthly basis.
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT, MANIFESTO FILMS INTERNATIONAL; HOLLYWOOD CALIFORNIA- 1999
- Assisted producer in production office and on movie sets.
- Assisted casting director in organizational development of talent for major motion picture.
- marketed production in local communities for proposed independent film.
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT, FOCUS ON THE FAMILY INSTITUTE; COLORADO SPRINGS COLORADO- 1998
- Assisted in various video editing projects and organizational tasks in the media, film & radio department.
- One of 40 students to be chosen from hundreds of qualified applicants to participate in the program.
- Developed, wrote & directed independent film project for use in future class recruiting.
- Performed pre & post-production operations for print, film, audio and other media campaigns and series such as “McGee & Me”, & “Adventures in Odyssey.”
Passionate, empathetic and ministry-minded leader experienced in communications, worship leadership and emerging media for younger audiences. Detail oriented and varied skill-set with dedication to clear communication and presentations. Well-organized and adept at managing groups with a commitment to teaching relevant messages about Jesus, our Lord and Savior. Dedication to spreading the word through creative means.
Communication & Management: Practiced and enthusiastic communicator with proven analytical skills to develop detailed reports, presentations and speaking events. Skilled in arranging and writing public relation press releases, as well as editorial copy for the purpose of ministry-related product development & marketing and brand awareness. Results oriented, decisive leader/manager with success in new ministry identification, P&L budgetary oversight from fundraising efforts, multi-channel distribution of community awareness campaigns, marketing and communication or both start-up and emerging ministry and service organizations.
Worship & Multimedia Processes: Proven leadership in managing worship leaders, worship teams, worship services, set lists and all aspects of production ministry in a weekly ministry environment. Design, art direction and management of multimedia ministry education and marketing campaigns in film/video, television and radio broadcasts, as well as print, and web applications.
Computers & Administration: Proficient in design and web applications such as Adobe Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks, Illustrator, and Photoshop. Experienced in Final Cut Pro HD video editing software, and familiarity with Avid linear and non-linear editing systems. Skilled at pro sound/video/lighting/media component & hardware installation in live stage and outdoor venues. Competent in the assessment of needs and ordering of computer lab supplies and equipment based upon fixed budgets as well as the preparation of technical reports and documentation.